RESPONSIBILITY: Maintain a high level of guest service within The MarketPlace at Hale Farm and Village, Admissions and the Hale Farm and Village Cafe by delivering knowledgeable and friendly service. Sales Associates have a variety of roles within the Sales Department including, generating sales, merchandising, restocking, cashiering, safeguarding inventory and preparing and holding foods to government standards. The Associate works a flexible work schedule to ensure proper store coverage at all times, including weekends and some evenings.
CLASSIFICATION: Part-time, Seasonal & non-exempt from overtime compensation
COORDINATION: Coordinates with the Retail Sales Manager to carry out daily Admission, MarketPlace and Café operations.
- Ensure that guests receive outstanding service by providing a friendly environment which includes greeting guests, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of guest service.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Proactively interact with guests in a professional manner; ability to make each visitor feel welcome.
- Resolve customer complaints in a professional and efficient manner, calling upon supervisor when needed.
- Provide guidance, assistance and instructions to guests in case of emergency.
- Process admissions, program fees and membership fees.
- Answer phones and provide detailed information to the guest in regards to the museum, MarketPlace and Café.
- Perform sales transactions in POS system throughout shift.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, and accurate change due to customers.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change. Balance monies to daily receipts at the end of the shift without incurring any shortage or overage.
- Stays abreast of all Museum events both ongoing and upcoming.
- Aid guests in locating merchandise.
- Must be able to proactively intercept, engage, and demonstrate product to customers and able to effectively communicate product features.
- Be able to effectively communicate product relationship to the museums programming and mission.
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock levels; help to maintain an orderly and attractive store and an organized stockroom by keeping merchandise filled and neatly displayed.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance and housekeeping.
- Assists in the promotion and sales of Museum memberships.
- Follow proper food handling procedures, possess basic knowledge in the use and maintenance of various kitchen operations including but not limited to: Grill, Oven Microwave, Dishwasher, etc.
- Serve customers with food, drinks and other products.
- Explaining menu items and specials, counter service, bussing, delivering food orders, food preparation, cooking, dishwashing, and general cafe presentation and customer service.
- Other duties as assigned by the Hale Farm Retail Sales Manager.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must naturally enjoy interacting with people of all ages.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize required.
- Proficiency with relative point of sale software.
- Must be able to multi-task, function as part of a close-knit team, and enjoy working with the public.
- Must be available to work on weekends and occasional evenings.
- Must be available to work extended hours and special events, as needed. Must be available to attend sales and team meetings.
- ServSafe Food Safety Certification recommended, but not required.
- Job-related skills include, but are not limited to initiative, goal orientation, creativity, and communication. Ability to walk/stand for long periods of time is necessary.
- Previous retail, cash-handling, merchandising skills and customer service experience is a plus.
- Previous food service/handling, recommended.
- Essential personality traits include enthusiasm, dependability, flexibility, and integrity.
- Must be outgoing and enthusiastic. Must be professional, courteous, dependable, adaptable, organized and efficient. Must show initiative to sell.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, child-centric environment that values a diverse clientele.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Physical requirements include long periods of standing, stooping, kneeling, bending, squatting/crouching, crawling/kneeling, pushing/pulling, climbing (ladders) and reaching above the shoulders and lifting of up to 50 lbs.
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to Janet Waterman, HR Associate, via email to email@example.com.
RESPONSIBILITY: This position is responsible to the Rentals Manager, the Rental Lead and Management at Hale Farm and Village.
CLASSIFICATION: Part time, non-exempt from overtime
COORDINATION: Our organization is looking for energetic event staff to help facilitate events for our unique venue. This is a part time customer service position. Working in conjunction with Rental Manager, Rental Lead and HFV management, employee is responsible for ensuring the rental customer needs are met and the HFV property is protected.
- Serve as liaison for renting parties and attending vendors, assisting with location of fixtures, electricity, etc., the communication of HFV policies, and set-up/clean up needs and restrictions.
- Maintains key knowledge about Hale Farm history, daily and special programming and special events.
Basic Site Services:
- Set-up and take down of tables and banquet furniture
- Restroom and site maintenance, including trash as necessary. Communicating fixture and site maintenance issues and emergencies to Rental Manager, Rental Lead Manager or Site Manager immediately
- Ensure closing checklist is completed by catering vendors and site is prepared for next day, including securing site for evening
- Ensure renting parties are following all required safety guidelines and all other HFV policies
- Ensure renting parties and caterer/bartending service are complying with all state health codes and regulations regarding alcohol consumption
- Ensure visitors remain in appropriate rented areas
- Remain alert while on duty and to be aware of the activities within the designated post
- Protect the collection, animals, premises, employees and visitors against damages fire, theft, vandalism and other dangers that might result in injury, damage or loss
- Conduct regular inspections of the premises and other duties as assigned
- Maintain confidentiality within the department
- May be assigned other tasks necessary to assure the operational function of Hale Farm & Village, including special event weekends.
- Experience with customer service
- Comfortable speaking publicly
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to do light duty cleaning
- Must not be convicted of any felony or misdemeanor involving any crime of dishonesty, breach of trust, theft, violence or substance abuse
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT:
March through December weekends and evenings, times depend on rental schedule.
Typically evening rentals are 3pm to 12am+
To apply to this position, please send your cover letter and resume to Janet Waterman, HR Associate at firstname.lastname@example.org.