- Hale Farm & Village Seasonal Grounds Maintenance
- Development Coordinator, History Center
- Event Coordinator. History Center
- Marketing Manager, History Center
- Guest Services Associate
- Hale Farm & Village Rental Event Staff
- Educational Volunteer Internships
- Hale Farm & Village Sales Associate
RESPONSIBILITY: Responsible to the Site Manager
CLASSIFICATION: This position is classified as seasonal and non-exempt from overtime compensation.
SUPERVISION: This position has no supervisory responsibility.
COORDINATION: Under the guidance of the Property Manager/Site Manager or Director, works with Hale Farm & Village’s departments and auxiliaries on a daily basis as well as for special events and programs.
- Landscape maintenance including, but not limited to, trash pickup, weeding, planting, mowing, weed eating and brush removal.
- General site and vehicle maintenance including, but not limited to buildings, grounds, systems, and equipment.
- Undertakes other duties as assigned
- Physically fit with the ability to lift, bend, and carry 50 Lbs. minimum. Experience using chain saw to fall trees and split wood.
- Pleasant, honest, reliable, self-motivated, team worker, punctual, neat, with an ability to follow policies and work details. Ability to stand for extended periods of time. Ability to work in extreme environments.
Please email your resume to Janet Waterman at email@example.com.
RESPONSIBILITY: Responsible to the Manager of Individual Giving, responsible for assisting with the management of the Development department’s data system, WRHS membership and Annual Fund programs, and supporting departmental fundraising efforts.
CLASSIFICATION: This position is full-time professional position and is non-exempt from overtime compensation.
SUPERVISION: Volunteers as assigned.
- Plan and manage the Development department’s system of data and gift processing, prepare financial and donor reports, generate prospect profiles, maintain donor records, generate mail and email lists, maintain internal constituency lists, and develop and record protocols for data input and reporting.
- Manage the WRHS membership program with a focus on increasing the current membership base, and providing a more enriching experience for all members. Execute back-office duties to include: data entry on incoming memberships, production and delivery of membership fulfillment materials, and management of membership retention through renewal process. Additionally, this position will be responsible for: fielding membership inquiries via phone and email, membership sales at special events at the History Center and Hale Farm & Village, assistance with membership drives and new membership appeals to attract membership prospects associated with the Historical Society’s expanding mission.
- Support the Manager of Individual Giving with the screening and cultivation of prospective Annual Fund donors through outreach, prospect cultivation and solicitation. Responsibilities include: conducting research on individual prospects to grow donor prospect database, screening and cultivating prospects and current WRHS donors, managing a call process to facilitate outreach and solicitation. Assist with additional tasks as requested by the Manager of Individual Giving.
- Support the Manager of Institutional Giving to include: coordinating necessary logistics for generation of grant proposals, corporate solicitations and acknowledgements. Assist with cultivation and stewardship efforts as requested by the Manager of Institutional Giving.
- Support the Vice President of Development to include: manage, events and meetings calendar; prepare supplemental materials for Development fundraising activities; assistance with Board of Directors correspondence, scheduling and organization of committee meetings, and recording of meeting minutes. Assist with additional tasks as requested by the Vice President of Development.
- Provide administrative support to Development staff with special event planning and implementation to include: tracking of RSVP’s, dollars raised, event set-up and check-in, and follow-up correspondence.
- Monitor Development department supply inventories, and manage the Development department budget.
- Supervise, manage and schedule Development volunteers to assist with departmental tasks/mailings.
- Work as a team member of the Development department, assisting with all general fundraising activities including special events and fundraising campaigns.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned
The ideal candidate must have an undergraduate degree. Professional experience should include at least two years of development work with a nonprofit organization, preferably a museum or other cultural institution, with proven experience in database management. Experience with Raiser’s Edge is required. Must possess strong communication skills, both in speaking and writing, and demonstrate excellent organization skills with attention to detail. Must have the ability to problem-solve and multitask under tight deadlines. Maintain effective working relationships with volunteers, donors and staff. Must maintain donor confidentiality at all times. The ability to work in a positive team-oriented environment, but also function autonomously is essential. Some nights/weekend hours are required.
All interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Janet Waterman at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Event Coordinator, History Center
RESPONSIBILITY: Reports to the Sales Manager
CLASSIFICATION: This part-time position is classified as operational and is non-exempt with regard to overtime compensation.
COORDINATION: Works with the Sales Manager to provide excellent customer service and to oversee the execution of private events at the WRHS History Center in University Circle.
- Individual and group visitor control and assistance
- Assist the coordination of logistics for site rentals
- Protect the collection, premises, employees and visitors against fire, theft, vandalism and other dangers that might result in injury, damage or loss.
- Oversee event execution, meeting the needs of the client.
- Act as liaison for WRHS, rental client, and vendors on day of event.
- Control and manage rental inventory.
- Perform physical setup and breakdown for non-catered events, including cleanup, trash removal, and set up chairs and tables for said events.
- Uphold museum standards of service and operation throughout the event. Maintaining floor presence from the time the vendors/clients arrive to the point that the museum is returned to its basic public floor plan.
- Maintain open and detailed communication with Sales Manager of event details, outcomes and issues.
QUALIFICATIONS: Pleasant manner, observant, tactful, tolerant, honest, alert, neat, and in good health. Conscientious in following regulations and instruction. Can legally handle alcohol. Can lift up to 50 lbs.
Interested applicants should contact Jackie Nachman, Sales Manager, for information.
Responsibility: Reports to Director of Operations, History Center; Responsible to drive audience development and community engagement for the History Center
Classification: This position is classified as full-time, professional and is exempt from overtime compensation
Coordination: Works closely with all areas within WRHS and associated with WRHS, including as needed, with the Board of Trustees, auxiliary groups, vendors, the news media, and the public. Collaborate with the Marketing Manager at Hale Farm & Village and the Development team to maximize visibility to drive the WRHS reputation and brand.
Duties: Digital Marketing and Engagement – effectiveness measured by web and email analytics, social media analytics and online sales.
- Develops and places optimized online content for upcoming events, exhibits, collections, and departments for the WRHS website.
- Edits existing online content at the request of internal departments and event committees.
- Manages online ticketing system and provides timely updates to event staff in regards to ticket sales, online activity, etc.
- Works closely with departments and event staff to create content and design elements for the eblasts outlined in an email marketing schedule.
- Manages the updates to online community calendars by providing approved content and links. Ensure information is consistent, current, and accurate.
- Drives an active and responsive social media presence for the History Center on Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, Pinterest, and Instagram through strategic content around events, exhibits, and collections.
Communications & Media Relations for History Center – effectiveness measured by admission results and earned media results
- Drafts news releases, marketing plans, and media outreach plans for events, exhibits, and sustained messaging.
- Proactively pitches media outlets and journalists on behalf of the History Center. Responds to media inquiries and filters requests for interview, data, photos, etc. to the appropriate staff members.
- Effectively steward media relationships with prompt response time, follow through, and follow up including thank you’s.
- Effectively analyzes the success of PR and communications efforts through event marketing reports and sharing reports in a timely fashion.
- Actively participates in special events sponsored by or at the WRHS History Center.
Marketing material for the History Center
- Creates and implements annual marketing plan and budget that follows the program and events plan for the History Center.
- Manages the production schedule, design, display, and distribution of marketing materials such brochures, rack cards, advertisements, and direct mail promotional pieces. (Either by outside graphic designer or the Marketing Manager themselves.)
- In addition to the creation of marketing materials, the Marketing Manager will also be responsible for managing the print production process with outside vendors.
- Coordinate photographic documentation of all History Center exhibits, special events, public programs, and special projects.
- Work collaboratively with staff to develop content for The News. Has oversight of the production and design with a contracted designer in coordination with the Hale Farm & Village Marketing Manager.
Other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Operations for the History Center.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or Marketing. 1-3 years of experience. Non-profit experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven success using social media and media relations to promote a for-profit or non-profit brand/organization. Applicants should provide their personal Twitter handles as well as any brand handles they currently manage (if applicable).
- Familiarity with the print production process.
- Mid-level skills in graphic design; experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, mainly InDesign and Photoshop.
- Project and time management skills; the ability to manage multiple projects at once all while meeting deadline is key.
- Experience managing budgets in regards to ad buying, paid social media, etc.
All interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Angie Lowrie: email@example.com.
Responsibility: Responsible to the Sales Manager for providing excellent guest service and coordination for museum guests including, but not limited to, daily visitation and private events.
Classification: This position is classified as part-time, and is non-exempt from overtime compensation.
Coordination: Coordinates activities with the front line staff at the History Center. Coordinates with vendors and point person/client for private events to tour facilities and organize functions.
- Individual and group visitor control and assistance.
- Assist with incoming calls and admission inquiries.
- Execute daily operation regarding group and individual ticket and museum store sales.
- Support the carousel operation by upholding guest services standards & maintaining rider safety. These are clearly stated in the Carousel Operating Manual. They include:
- Greet guests in a cheerful manner
- Follow and enforce all rules of the ride.
- Watch for guests that may need assistance getting on or off the carousel.
- Before starting the ride… make sure guests are seated properly, standing near and holding on to their child, all gates are closed and latched.
- Do not leave the carousel unattended while it is in motion.
Minimize conversations and focus on the ride and guest safety.
- Be alert at all times – no use of electronic devices.
- Keeps supervisors informed of key issues – including safety, maintenance, and guest service issues.
- Receive complaints and resolves them when possible. Informs supervisor of all guest feedback – positive or negative.
- Performs duties in a safe and efficient manner to maintain a safe work environment.
- Accurately record all transactions on the point-of-sale system.
- Ensures high standards of WRHS by actions, appearance, and attitude at all times and in all places.
- Assist customers with merchandise selections and/or information about museum galleries, exhibits, and events.
- Promote and sell memberships.
- Support the Sales Manager to conduct site tours of the History Center to interested clients on a one-to-one basis.
- Assist the coordination of logistics for site rentals. Be on site from start to finish for assigned events.
- Assist in controlling alcohol inventory for private parties.
- Maintain Core Performance Standards:
- Commit to a regular schedule
- Follow dress code and other codes of conduct as explained in the WRHS employee handbook
- Stay alert at all times to prevent damage and theft.
- Support income generation initiatives by identifying and recommending programs and activities based on the strengths of the department that will contribute to the financial success of WRHS.
- Other duties as assigned by the Sales Manager
- Previous experience working with the public.
- Job-related skills include, but are not limited to, initiative, goal orientation, creativity, organization, and communication.
- Candidate will possess a pleasant manner, be observant, tactful, tolerant, honest, alert, and in good health.
- Able to work with a team and motivate people.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift minimum 25 lbs.
- Must have flexibility to work nights and weekends.
- Must uphold the WRHS Core Values – Integrity, Stewardship, Connectivity, Innovation
Please submit your resume to Angie Lowrie at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Responsibility: This position is responsible to the Sales Staff Lead at Hale Farm and Village.
Classification: Part time, non-exempt from overtime
Coordination: This is a part time customer service/security/maintenance position. Working in conjunction with full-time Hale Farm and Village staff, employee is responsible for ensuring the rental customer needs are met and that rental customers have a safe and fun experience at HFV.
- Protect the collection, premises, employees and visitors against fire, theft, vandalism and other dangers that might result in injury, damage or loss
- Conduct regular inspections of the premises and other duties as assigned
- Set-up and take down of tables and banquet furniture
- Restroom maintenance
- Ensure visitors remain in appropriate rented areas
- Remain alert while on duty and to be aware of the activities within the designated post
- Maintain confidentiality within the department
- May be assigned other tasks necessary to assure the operational function of Hale Farm & Village
- Experience with customer service
- Comfortable speaking publicly
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to do light duty cleaning
Dates of Employment:
March through December weekends and evenings, times depend on rental schedule.
Typically evening rentals are 4pm to 12am
Please email your resume to Jennifer Pinkston Dukes at email@example.com or mail to Hale Farm & Village, Attn HR: Rental Staff, PO Box 296, Bath, OH 44210.
Western Reserve Historical Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Responsibility: Responsible to the Sales Manager, Sale Lead and/or Management team for assisting with the operations of the museum store, admissions and café, including front line sales and customer service, accuracy, and profitability.
Classification: Part time, non-exempt from overtime
Coordination: Coordinates with the Sales Manager, Sales Lead, and Manager on Duty to carry out daily admission, retail and cafe operations.
Maintains a high level of customer service:
- Assists in answering all customer questions and concerns.
- Answers phones in a pleasant and knowledgeable manner.
- Maintains key knowledge about Hale Farm history, daily and special programming and special events.
- Carries out all policies and procedures for guest services
- Handles customer purchases and returns in either Marketplace, Café of Admissions
- Communicates special orders and notifies customers of their arrival.
- Performs all admission functions.
Maintains a flow of merchandise to support level of sales:
- Accurately record all transactions on the point-of-sale system.
- Keeps store and café stocked appropriately from inventory.
- Communicates with management as to inventory levels and necessities.
- Keeps accurate inventories as assigned by management.
Implements an effective visual presentation of merchandise including appropriate signage:
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including store, café, and common areas of Gatehouse.
- Perform weekly assigned cleaning and maintenance tasks.
- Maintains fixtures and equipment. Report issues to Sales Manager.
- Works with Sales Manager or Sales Lead to maintain professional and attractive signage and promotional displays.
Maintains Café operations to Health Department, Serve-Safe and management standards.
- Maintain absolute cleanliness of all areas of the Cafe, including
- kitchen equipment, food storage areas, as well as the restaurant dining areas.
- Must comply with all state health codes and regulations regarding food safety and alcohol consumption.
- Prepares a limited café menu as assigned and/or needed throughout the work week.
- Uses all equipment properly and maintains equipment correctly.
Maintain Core Performance Standards:
- Commits to a regular schedule.
- Follows dress code and other codes of conduct.
- Provides additional assistance for key events.
- Comply with the Society’s accounting systems and procedures:
- Follows procedures for transfer of daily sales receipts to the manager on duty or business office on a timely basis.
- Assists to controls operating expenses, including, but not limited to, supplies, merchandise, and equipment.
Other duties as assigned by the Hale Farm Sales Manager, Sales Lead or Management staff.
- Job-related skills include, but are not limited to initiative, goal orientation, creativity, and communication. Ability to walk/stand for long periods of time is necessary.
- Essential personality traits include enthusiasm, dependability, flexibility, and integrity.
- Sales and food service background is desirable.
Please email your resume to Jennifer Pinkston Dukes at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Hale Farm & Village, Attn HR: Sales Associate, PO Box 296, Bath, OH 44210.
Western Reserve Historical Society is an equal opportunity employer.