About > Employment
Hale Farm & Village Museum Educator
Responsibility: Responsible to the Education Program Manager.
Classification: Part time, non-exempt from overtime
Works closely with the Education Program Manager to facilitate and enhance educational programming, including school, group and public programs. Activities contribute to the museum’s retail, facility rental, group tour, agricultural, craft and trade and preservation programs.
1. Works directly with school groups, youth and the general public, facilitating hands-on educational programming at Hale Farm & Village and outreach locations, including but not limited to schools.
2. Meets, greets, and checks in groups before the assigned time for their education program.
3. Reads and researches, as assigned, in preparation for teaching all of the programs offered through the Education Department.
4. Prepares and maintains the materials used in the educational programs, including site set-up, clean-up and general assigned maintenance duties.
5. Participates in the evaluation of programs and provides feedback in a timely and professional manner.
6. May be asked to help with the development of new program content and methodologies, partnerships, training of new staff, interns and/or volunteers.
7. Demonstrate variety of rural life activities and chores as appropriate to advancing public understanding about farm life in the 19th century Western Reserve, and its relevance today.
8. Participates in special events sponsored by or at Hale Farm & Village, including mandatory attendance for select Hale Farm community events.
9. Accountable to the Education Program Manager for authentic, thorough, and engaging presentations to all audiences. This includes but is not necessarily limited to authenticity of dress/appearance, program materials and props, as well as the cleanliness and safety of assigned sites.
10. Accepts other duties as may be assigned by the Education Program Manager
1. Have a desire to teach and work with young people;
2. Have the ability to work with a wide range of museum personnel, to work independently, but willingly function as a member of a team;
3. Be able to prioritize, but also have extreme flexibility;
4. Must exhibit tact, enthusiasm, and professional behavior;
5. Be dependable and reliable; be able to work to a time schedule;
6. Possess knowledge of American and Western Reserve history, and training or experience in education is helpful, preferably having an undergraduate degree in social studies, social sciences, humanities, or education; teaching experience in the K-12 range of grades or experience in a museum or youth educational program is beneficial.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Jennifer Dukes at email@example.com or mail your application to Western Reserve Historical Society, Attn HR: HFV Educator, 10825 East Blvd, Cleveland, OH 44106. No phone calls please.
Back to Top
Human Resources Associate
Classification: Position is classified as part-time, professional and is non-exempt from overtime compensation.
Responsibility: Incumbent reports to the Human Resources Manager and is responsible for the administrative function of the Human Resources Office. Will assist HR Manager with all routine HR functions including: Employee Relations; the administration of Compensation, Benefit, Retirement, Unemployment, and Workers’ Compensation Programs; Payroll; Communications; Legal Compliance; Reporting Requirements; etc.
Coordination: Works with Business Office and other departmental personnel to ensure accurate and timely completion of duties as they relate to the Human Resources function.
1. New Hire Orientation—Review New Hire Checklist with all new employees; ensure accuracy and completeness of all necessary documents; copy, forward, and file all documents appropriately.
2. Benefits Enrollment/Administration—Become familiar with WRHS Benefit Plans and perform enrollment, change, and termination functions for each plan. Provide information to eligible staff on plan updates, eligibility, open enrollment, etc.
3. Terminations and Exit Interviews—Review Termination Checklist and conduct Exit Interviews with and collect WRHS property from departing employees for routine and/or voluntary terminations of employment.
4. Job Posting—After review by the Human Resources Manager, ensure posting of all job openings on the WRHS Web Site, at the designated job posting outlets, and area colleges/universities when appropriate. Forward resumes to the appropriate staff and help coordinate interviews. Send response letters to applicants.
5. Response to Requests for Employment References—Respond to routine requests for employment references per WRHS Human Resources Office policy.
6. Response to Routine WRHS Employee Inquiries—Provide employees with answers to routine questions regarding such issues non-work hours, WRHS Personnel Policy, and payroll. Consultation with the Human Resources Manager may be necessary in some instances.
7. Payroll—Learn and become proficient in the Payroll process. Will perform some or all of daily/weekly payroll functions when necessary.
8. Calculation and Maintenance of Non-Work Hours—Calculate and maintain records of Vacation, Sick, Holiday/Alternate Holiday, and Personal time for part-time and full-time employees.
9. Clerical Duties—File and duplicate (when necessary) documents relating to the Human Resources Function of the Business Office. Update Phone List and Personnel List on a monthly basis and distribute.
10. Volunteers – Process applications and run background checks for potential volunteers
11. Interns – Process applications and run background checks for potential interns.
12. Other Duties as assigned by the Human Resources Manager.
Qualifications: The incumbent should have or be working toward a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources. Previous experience in an HR Office or managing personnel extremely helpful. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, email, and the Internet. Previous payroll experiences a plus. Must have a working understanding of HIPAA and Department of Labor regulations. Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to interact with a diverse pool of individuals at all levels is a must.
Flexibility, tact, professionalism, organizational skills, and the ability to work at a fast pace are essential. Confidentiality is required, as this position will be handling sensitive information and materials.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Jennifer Dukes at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your application to Western Reserve Historical Society, Attn HR: HR Associate, 10825 East Blvd, Cleveland, OH 44106. Deadline to apply is Sunday, September 21, 2014. No phone calls please.
Back to Top
Hale Farm & Village Rental Event Staff
Responsibility: This position is responsible to the Sales Staff Lead at Hale Farm and Village.
Classification: Part time, non-exempt from overtime
Coordination: This is a part time customer service/security/maintenance position. Working in conjunction with full-time Hale Farm and Village staff, employee is responsible for ensuring the rental customer needs are met and that rental customers have a safe and fun experience at HFV.
1. Protect the collection, premises, employees and visitors against fire, theft, vandalism and other dangers that might result in injury, damage or loss
2. Conduct regular inspections of the premises and other duties as assigned
3. Set-up and take down of tables and banquet furniture
4. Restroom maintenance
5. Ensure visitors remain in appropriate rented areas
6. Remain alert while on duty and to be aware of the activities within the designated post
7. Maintain confidentiality within the department
8. May be assigned other tasks necessary to assure the operational function of Hale Farm & Village
1. Experience with customer service
2. Comfortable speaking publicly
3. Ability to lift 25 pounds
4. Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time
5. Must be able to do light duty cleaning
Dates of Employment:
March through December weekends and evenings, times depend on rental schedule.
Typically evening rentals are 4pm to 12am
Please email your resume to Jennifer Pinkston Dukes at email@example.com or mail to Hale Farm & Village, Attn HR: Rental Staff, PO Box 296, Bath, OH 44210.
Back to Top
Western Reserve Historical Society is an equal opportunity employer.