Visiting the Library
The Library is located within the History Center, which also houses the Crawford Auto Aviation Collection, the Hay-McKinney House, the Bingham-Hanna House, the Chisholm Halle Costume Wing, and the Museum Store.
The History Center is located at 10825 East Boulevard, Cleveland, Ohio 44106.
Thursday – Saturday: Open 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Closed: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
WRHS Members Free
Active Military Free
Children (age 3-12) $5
Children 2 and under – Free
The Research Library welcomes individual researchers and groups. Discount rates available for groups of 12 or more, contact email@example.com to make your reservation. Please contact the Reference Division staff in advance of any group visit.
Library tours are available upon request. Call 216-721-5722 x1509.
Reading Room Procedures
- All library materials must be handled with care.
- The use of fountain pens is not permitted.
- All books, manuscripts, and photographic materials must be used exclusively in the Reading Room. WRHS is not a lending library.
- Call slips must be filled out for all library materials, except those books available on the open shelves in the Reading Room. Paging begins at 10:15 a.m., continues on the half-hour, and ends at 4:15 p.m on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
- Patrons should not attempt to reshelve any Library materials. Return collections to the Library Registration Desk or to the Reading Room book carts.
- Researchers using manuscripts must complete and sign a Manuscript Reader Sheet and must adhere to the special regulations pertaining to the use of manuscripts. Consult a staff member with questions and photocopy guidelines.
- Access to some collections, e.g., those available on microform, newspapers in fragile condition, and rare and oversize books, is restricted. Vault items are available Thursday and Friday only.
Microforms Room Procedures
- Patrons must register (with the volunteer) at the desk in the microform room before using a reader.
- A one-hour waiting list will be imposed when necessary.
- Patrons may retrieve their own microforms. Patrons are limited to TWO rolls of microfilm. Place used microforms on wooden book cart for reshelving.
- Two reader-printers are available for copying from microforms. This is a self-service, coin-operated machine. WRHS does not guarantee the quality of copies. Cost: $ 0.50 per page.
- Materials that are not likely to be damaged in the process may be photocopied for patrons by the reference staff. Cost: $ 0.35 per page.
- Photographic reproductions, including prints and slides, are available. See Fee Schedule for information.
- Limited microfilming services are available. Consult a Reference Librarian.
- Misuse of library materials or failure to abide by the Library Regulations and Procedures may result in dismissal from the Library.
- WRHS is a member of the Ohio Network of American History Research Centers and abides by the section of the Ohio Revised Code that pertains to access to public government records.