Facilities Manager, Cleveland History Center
RESPONSIBILITY: Responsible to the Director of the Cleveland History Center (CHC) for maintenance of the CHC campus, including its buildings, grounds, and equipment, supply procurement, oversight of facility maintenance projects and safety inspections.
CLASSIFICATION: This position is classified as full-time, professional and is exempt from overtime compensation.
SUPERVISION: This position is responsible for staffing, scheduling, training, supervising and accompanying all maintenance and custodial work, as well as contractors and vendors.
1. Coordinates building repairs and restoration work with contractors and vendors.
2 Coordinates with WRHS Leadership Team to identify and address CHC deferred maintenance and preventative maintenance needs.
3. Coordinates and supports facilities and needs with CHC staff, including education, public program, collections and event teams.
1. Guarantee a safe and positive experience at the CHC for school children, guests, employees, volunteers, researchers, interns, vendors, contractors, and stakeholders.
2. Regularly inspect the CHC grounds, public areas, offices, storage spaces, staff and public restrooms daily to ensure that the campus is ready for staff and public usage, and to determine whether or not any repairs/cleaning are needed.
3. Maintain campus grounds, HVAC systems, life safety systems & devices, and buildings; plan and implement building repairs and restoration work as needed and as approved by the CHC Director. Reports issues immediately with recommendations for action.
4. Ensures security and emergency preparedness procedures are implemented properly.
5. Create and maintain routine calendar for cleaning, preventative maintenance (PM), pest control, garbage removal, as well as security and fire suppression checks and maintenance, schedule and personally supervise all employees, contractors and vendors scheduled to do the work.
6. Responsible to maintain state and local compliance requirements for buildings and grounds
7. Purchase and maintains inventory control of maintenance supplies and vendor contracts
8. Prepares annual maintenance budget and effectively manages expenses to stay within that budget.
9. Responsible for annual review of all maintenance contracts and service agreements
10. Project Management – Communicate with staff and contracted workers to inform them of plans and ensure any ongoing projects remain on task
11. Make sure the building maintains a high level of security by implementing processes for locking the building after hours and refining the overall security plan
12. Respond to and handle emergency issues promptly, including but not limited to those related to repairs, maintenance, security, and staff and public safety. This includes increased protocols aligned with recommendations by the CDC, State of Ohio, and local health officials.
13. Undertake all other duties as assigned by the CHC Director or the WRHS President & CEO.
1. Associate’s or BA degree in facility management or a related field
2. Three to five years in a related position
3. Ability and willingness to work a nontraditional schedule, including weekend and evening hours
4. Deep, proven knowledge of repair and maintenance.
5. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
6. Prior management experience preferred, but not required
7. Facilities managers interact with many people throughout their day, so it is imperative they are personable and do their best to create a positive work environment.
Project management, customer service oriented, strong written and verbal communication skills, technical engineering skills, decision making, problem solving, leadership and professionalism are essential at WRHS. Incumbent must exemplify WRHS’s core values: Integrity, Connectivity, Innovation, Stewardship, and Excellence.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Jennifer Dukes at firstname.lastname@example.org.