Volunteers at the Western Reserve Historical Society LOVE History!
Since 1867, Volunteers have contributed to the operations of the Western Reserve Historical Society. On average and in just one year, 500 volunteers contribute 17,000 hours of time, by sharing their stories, knowledge and skills at both the History Center in University Circle and Hale Farm & Village in the Cuyahoga Valley.
You too can join the long-time legacy of volunteerism at WRHS and become a part of our history.
- Long-Term Volunteering – An ongoing commitment for 6 months or more.
- Short-Term Volunteering – volunteer projects with an end date or volunteering on an as needed basis..
- Corporate or Organizational Group Volunteering - for large groups of 15 or more.
- Join a Friends Group or Auxiliary of WRHS
WRHS is currently seeking volunteers to help at Hale Farm & Village with:
- Education and Youth Programming
- Program Development (Research and Implementation)
- Weekend Special Events
- Farm and Horticulture
- Historic Preservation
- Grounds and Maintenance
- Admissions and Museum Store Sales
- Early American Crafts and Trades
How do you get started?
- Yearly recognition events
- Free admission and parking on days of service
- 10% discount in Museum Stores
- Volunteer social and networking events
- WRHS quarterly newsletter, The News
- Invites to special events